Osteopathy is a whole body approach that aims to detect and treat the root causes of pain, as well as the effects of body or lifestyle changes that can impact joints, muscles, ligaments and the nervous system.
Osteopaths are statutorily regulated primary healthcare professionals, trained to work with people of all ages. Osteopaths use a wide variety of approaches to treatment and can bring relief or improvement to many conditions.
Osteopathy is effective for a wide range of conditions including:
- General, acute and chronic lower and upper back pain
- Some forms of sciatica
- Uncomplicated/mechanical neck pain (not whiplash)
- Joint pains – shoulders, wrists, hips, knees, ankles etc
- Muscle spasms
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Tennis elbow related to musculoskeletal conditions
- Headaches arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Occupational strain
- Arthritic or rheumatic pain